Sunday, November 15, 2009

What are you doing there?!

It has been a long time, still, people always asking me the same question: WHAT ARE YOU DOING THERE?! WHERE ARE YOU?! STUDYING OR WORKING? Some even think that my job is SOLELY TRAVELING AROUND 傻咩?!我怎么可能找到那么完美的工作?! 要做工赚钱的咧! 大个女咯!


And I have been also answered 193 times (maybe more than that?! Haha!) to explain what am I doing actually… So now, to make everything simple, I am here to write something for those who concern about me or curious about my life…

I am actually participating Working Holiday Scheme (WHS) in New Zealand.From the name of the scheme, u can easily know that this program is for the candidate to work and travel in NZ. Thru this scheme, I am now experiencing the the most bitter and sweetest time in my life. By holding this visa, we can easily be employed as the seasonal worker (picker, packer, grader, hospitality worker and etc…). Please do not expect that you’ll be treated as a white collar executive in your country. Backpackers here must be mentally well prepared to work as a blue collar for our ultimate goal: MONEY to TRAVEL. Then by using the money we earned, we can travel anywhere as we wish and enjoy the most amazing moment in our life time… (Believe me, it is indeed a hard work, but, the sceneries and the activities here definitely will not disappoint you! No matter how hard we have been through, is just worth it!)
WHS official website: 

Yeah! This was my front side of the "uniform" and my slogan: Money! Money!!

And my back side of the uniform: Fox Glacier, Jetboating, Skydiving, Queenstown, Skiing and etc…. This is where my motivation comes from…  (Who took this picture?! can’t see clearly leh!)
Through this scheme, I grow up to be a better me (physically and mentally). I can now easily adapt to any circumstance (as long as I know what my goal is…). I learned to take care of myself: cooking, budgetary planning, finding jobs and accommodations, turning strangers into friends, appreciate and respect others culture… So, I can’t tell you what I am exactly doing everyday (because backpackers just like nomads), we do change jobs frequently according to the fruit season: Grape, Kiwifruit, Mandarin Orange, Strawberry, Blueberry, Cherry, Peach, Apple… other jobs: Wine maker, Accommodation Exchange, Ski workers, and many farm jobs, but I personally do not reckon it (farm helper) is a good job for me la! Ha!


All in all, my job is to do “whatever job” i found and then experience and enjoys every moment of my life. Live like a traveler who is exploring the world and life. Yes, that is what I am doing now…Cheers!

Make sure there is always one thing that will let you say"WOW" everyday (too hard?! One week then!) Don’t let Work to lead You! Let You to lead the Life!
p/s: What to know more about WHS and NZ?! To be continued……

4 comments:

  1. totally agree!!
    esp the 4th part - we grow up to be a better me through this WHS experience

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh xinyi.... miss u so much leh! 2more months i'll go back kl... but u r not there....

    ReplyDelete
  3. fann, i know who took that picture one.. is your darling...wahahahaha~~

    ReplyDelete
  4. ya, i know! i just want to attack him from the back! gagaga!

    ReplyDelete